- Diploma in Cinematography from the Institute of Film Technology, Chennai, Govt of Tamil Nadu
- Television Programme Production Course from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, Govt of India
Certificate of Merit
- Held 1st rank in Cinematography in the diploma examination at film institute.
- Diploma film “Reminicence” was declared the best diploma film of the year.
- Winner of the scroll of honour presented by the film society of film technology, Chennai
Has 50 years experience in the field of media in the following areas:
- Teaching: Worked as lecturer at Film Institute, Chennai.
- Doordarshan: Worked as cameraman for 13 years, resigning as Chief Cameraman to be a freelancer.
- News stories and programmes in Health, Sports, Education and Agriculture.
- Cameraman for more than 100 documentary films.
Press Trust of India
- Worked as a freelance producer, director and cameraman for PTI TV Chennai from 1987 to 2013 for programmes, news, money matters, current affairs and TV serials.
TV – Today – AAJ TAK
- Worked as coordinator, reporter cum cameraman for more than a year.
- Played the role of “Editorial Representative”, based at Chennai.
- Produced daily news headline ad for a 365 days telecast on Sun TV
Director – TV Serial (Weekly)
- Director and Executive Producer for the 13 part Tamil TV Serial “Mano Bhoomi” produced by Press Trust of India, telecast on Doordarshan, Chennai.
- Story, screenplay, director and executive producer for 13 part Tamil TV Serial “Andha Oru Nimisham” telecast on Doordarshan, Chennai.
- Story, screenplay, director and producer for the 17 part Tamil TV Serial “Oivu” telecast Doordarshan, Chennai.
- Story, screenplay, director and executive producer for the 13 part Tamil TV Serial “Pen Vazhvin Kan” produced by PTI, telecast on Doordarshan, Chennai.
Director Daily Serials
- Director and Cameraman for the 260 episode of top-rated first DAILY Tamil Serial in South – “Shakti” Telecast on Sun TV, Gemini TV and Asianet simultaneously, produced by Nimbus Television, Mumbai.
- Director and Cameraman for the 260 episode of top-rated Tamil Daily Serial “Oru Penin Kadhai” telecast on Doordarshan, Chennai and produced by AVM Productions.
- Story, screenplay, direction for 100 part daily serial “Akka” telecast on Doordarshan, Chennai, produced by Channel-8, Calcutta.
- Story, screenplay, direction for 100 part daily serial “Janani” telecast on Doordarshan, Chennai, produced by Channel-8, Calcutta.
- Worked as story-writer, screenplay and director for Tamil Feature Film “Thaniyae Thanan Thaniyan“
- Director of Photography for 13 feature films and 10 weekly TV Serials.
- Assignments – Govt of India
- Producer, Director of the 4 part documentary of 50 years of Independance for Doordarshan, Chennai.
- Producer, Director for the 13 part feature on the history of Tamil Cinema for Doordarshan, Chennai
- Producer and Director for the 4 part programme on Significance of Ramazan festival for Doordarshan, Chennai.
- Assignments, Govt of Tamil Nadu
- Panel Producer and Director for Production of Documentaries
Best Director Awards from the Mylapore Academy for the Tamil TV Serials
- “Andha Ori Nimisham”
- “Penn Vazhvin Kan”
- Consultant – Time Management for Asianet Malayalam satellite TV Channel, Chennai.
- General Manager – Programmes for Zee Network Tamil Satellite Channel “Bharathi”.
- Worked as Chief Executive Officer of Gulf Asia Network Pvt Ltd.
- Worked as CEO of Vasanth TV – Tamil Satellite Channel.